- Who We Are
The Three Rivers Historical Society is made up of dedicated volunteers who are preserving the history of the Southwest Valley in the greater Phoenix area.
The cities of Avondale, Goodyear, Litchfield Park and Tolleson have grown at the confluence of the Agua Fria, Salt and Gila rivers.
- We offer meetings and public exhibits - collect artifacts, photos and rare documents - and have an active program to record oral and written personnal and family histories. Meetings are held on the third Tuesday, January through June and September through November - at 3 PM. featuring an informative presentation on Southwest Valley history.
Please Join us for a fun Evening of Local History and An ICE CREAM SOCIAL
- April Meeting - Special Date and Location! - April 19
Pastor Greg Brown will interview Rose Brown & Pat Aragon
Local history will come alive as they recall the early days of the West Valley
Wednesday, April 19th, at
Skyway Church, 14900 W. Van Buren
5:30-6:00 PM - Snack Bar Dinner
(Pizza available at $1 per slice)
6:00-6:30 PM - Ice cream served in the life Center
6:30-7:30 PM - Interview in the sanctuary
It’s FREE, It’s FUN
Bring the whole family!
Please note change of TIME and PLACE!
No meeting on April 18th
- Society Newsletter
Download the January-February-March 2017 issue featuring articles on:
- The Sociology of the Clothesline
- Avondale Celebrates 70th Birthday
- We Seek Your War Stories
- The Birth of Estrella Mountain Regional Park
- We Are Missing Issues of Wingfoot Clan, Billy More Days Programs
- Early Visitors to the Grand Canyon
- Wartime Telephone Service
You will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view our newsletters.
Download it for free.
- Join the Society
Please attend one of our meetings to learn about the Society and what we have to offer.
You can also download our Membership Flyer
- Previous Newsletters, History Books, Documents (new feature)
You can now view Meeting Minutes and Monthly Financial Reports at our Reports page. (Starting 2015)
You can also download our Previous Issues
and also view information about area photo history books
- Contact Us
Register for our email list.
You'll receive a reminder for each meeting with information about the presentation, and also our Quarterly newsletter.
Our Mailing address is:
Three Rivers Historical Society, P.O. Box 7251, Goodyear AZ 85338
Society information is available by phone at 623-386-1397