- Who We Are
The Three Rivers Historical Society is made up of dedicated volunteers who are preserving the history of the Southwest Valley in the greater Phoenix area.
The cities of Avondale, Goodyear, Litchfield Park and Tolleson have grown at the confluence of the Agua Fria, Salt and Gila rivers.
- We offer meetings and public exhibits - collect artifacts, photos and rare documents - and have an active program to record oral and written personnal and family histories. Meetings are held on the third Tuesday, January through June and September through November - at 3 PM. featuring an informative presentation on Southwest Valley history.
- Next meeting, September 20 - Speaker Change!
- We are planning a special meeting for September to be held at 5:30 PM at Skyway Church, 14900 Van Buren in Goodyear. That's less than a mile west of teh Goodyear Library. Watch for details soon!
October meeting plans - October 18
James "C.J." STEWART, former Avondale Chief of Police will be rescheduled as our October speaker. Watch for information here in September.
- We expect the meeting tobe at our normal time and location - the Goodyear Library Community Room at 3 PM.
- Further Meetings in 2016
- We will not meet in July or August, resuming for September through November.
- Society Newsletter
Download the July-August-September 2016 issue featuring articles on:
- Frank Ross Recceves Lifetime Service Award
- Young Japanese Child Survives Atom Bom Blast
- A Town is Born
- Cecil's Hideaway
- The Doctor, the Dentist and the Drugstore
You will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view our newsletters.
Download it for free.
- Join the Society
Please attend one of our meetings to learn about the Society and what we have to offer.
You can also download our Membership Flyer
- Previous Newsletters, History Books, Documents (new feature)
You can now view Meeting Minutes and Monthly Financial Reports at our Reports page. (Starting 2015)
You can also download our Previous Issues
and also view information about area photo history books
- Contact Us
Register for our email list.
You'll receive a reminder for each meeting with information about the presentation, and also our Quarterly newsletter.
Our Mailing address is:
Three Rivers Historical Society, P.O. Box 7251, Goodyear AZ 85338
Society information is available by phone at 623-386-1397