- Who We Are
The Three Rivers Historical Society is made up of dedicated volunteers who are preserving the history of the Southwest Valley in the greater Phoenix area.
The cities of Avondale, Goodyear, Litchfield Park and Tolleson have grown at the confluence of the Agua Fria, Salt and Gila rivers.
- We offer meetings and public exhibits - collect artifacts, photos and rare documents - and have an active program to record oral and written personnal and family histories. Meetings are held on the third Tuesday, January through June and September through November - at 3 PM. featuring an informative presentation on Southwest Valley history.
Next Meeting - April 17
State Route 30 is planned to be a limited access highway paralleling the I-17 to the north of the Gila RIver, which would serve to relieve traffic on the I-17.
Gaby Kemp, of the Arizona Department of Transportation, will discuss the evolving plans for this road work and how it might affect the Southwest Valley.
This interesting presentation will be held at the Goodyear Branch Library Community Room 14455 W. Van Buren in Goodyear, from 3 PM to 4 PM
- Future Meeting - May 15
Join us for a presentation - Caring for Our Historians - How to Plan for Care
Our presenter will be Nydia Montijo of the Foundation for Senior Living
Call to Members
Your Society needs your involvement to further our goal of Preserving the Southwest Valley. Please review the attached letter for David Meeese, President, to learn how and where you can help.
Download the January - February - March 2018 issue featuring articles on:
- The Society Debuts New Display
- Do You Remember?
- Barry Goldwater's Military Service
- Floods in the Southwest Valley
- "Los Campos" Book Now Available
- Advice from an Old Farmer
- Message from the Board of Directors
You will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view our newsletters.
Download it for free.
- Join the Society
Please attend one of our meetings to learn about the Society and what we have to offer.
You can also download our Membership Flyer
- Previous Newsletters, History Books, Documents (new feature)
Download our Previous Issues
and also view information about area photo history books
View our By-Laws
Print our By-Laws
View our Taxpayer ID letter
- Contact Us
Register for our email list.
You'll receive a reminder for each meeting with information about the presentation, and also our Quarterly newsletter.
Our Mailing address is:
Three Rivers Historical Society, P.O. Box 7251, Goodyear AZ 85338
Society information is available by phone at 623-386-1397