- Who We Are
The Three Rivers Historical Society is made up of dedicated volunteers who are preserving the history of the Southwest Valley in the greater Phoenix area.
The cities of Avondale, Goodyear, Litchfield Park and Tolleson have grown at the confluence of the Agua Fria, Salt and Gila rivers.
We offer meetings and public exhibits - collect artifacts, photos and rare documents - and have an active program to record oral and written personnal and family histories.
- Our Meetings
Meetings are held on the third Tuesday of each month - except July and August - at 3 PM. featuring an informative presentation on Southwest Valley history.
- Our January 2015 Meeting
There will be NO general meeting in January. However the Board of Directors will hold a planning meeting at the normal time - 3 PM on Tuesday January 20 to discuss the future direction of the Society. Members are invited and encouraged to attend and contibute to our future.
- Watch for information about our February meeting speaker here at the web site.
- Meetings are held at our new, permanent location - the Goodyear Branch Library at 14455 W. Van Buren - which is about one-half mile west of Goodyear City Hall.
- Please enter the Community Room C-102 through its side entrance (yellow circle) not through the library.
- Society Newsletter
Download the October-November-December 2014 issue featuring articles on:
- NASCAR's Air Force
- Fire Engulfs Tolleson Tank Farm
- The People Who Produce the "Quarterly"
- Sixty Years Ago
- Coldwater Commercial Company
- Estrella Mountain's Big Horn Sheep
- Rosie the Riveters
- Hubbell Trading Post
You will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view our newsletters. Download it for free.
- Join the Society
Please attend one of our meetings to learn about the Society and what we have to offer.
You can also download our Membership Flyer
- Previous Newsletters, History Books
You can also download our Previous Issues
and also view information about area photo history books
- Contact Us
Register for our email list.
You'll receive a reminder for each meeting with information about the presentation, and also our Quarterly newsletter.
Our Mailing address is:
Three Rivers Historical Society, P.O. Box 7251, Goodyear AZ 85338
Society information is available by phone at 623-386-1397