- Who We Are
The Three Rivers Historical Society is made up of dedicated volunteers who are preserving the history of the Southwest Valley in the greater Phoenix area.
The cities of Avondale, Goodyear, Litchfield Park and Tolleson have grown at the confluence of the Agua Fria, Salt and Gila rivers.
- We offer meetings and public exhibits - collect artifacts, photos and rare documents - and have an active program to record oral and written personnal and family histories. Meetings are held on the third Tuesday, January through June and September through November - at 3 PM. featuring an informative presentation on Southwest Valley history.
- March 21 Meeting
Guest Speaker: Bill Tolmachoff
Have you ever attended Pumpkin Days, or the Corn Maze at Tolmachoff Farms, located at 5726 N 75th Avenue in Glendale? Bill and his four children own this unique, four generation farm.
Bill started selling plums at a roadside stand in the 1970’s and the “pick your own” farm fresh produce stand has continued to grow. Bill will speak on the family history and the development of their farm in Glendale.
The meeting will be from 3 PM to 4 PM at at the Goodyear Branch Library, 14455 W. Van Buren in the Community Room - enter from the center parking aisle
- Society Newsletter
Download the January-February-March 2017 issue featuring articles on:
- The Sociology of the Clothesline
- Avondale Celebrates 70th Birthday
- We Seek Your War Stories
- The Birth of Estrella Mountain Regional Park
- We Are Missing Issues of Wingfoot Clan, Billy More Days Programs
- Early Visitors to the Grand Canyon
- Wartime Telephone Service
You will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view our newsletters.
Download it for free.
- Join the Society
Please attend one of our meetings to learn about the Society and what we have to offer.
You can also download our Membership Flyer
- Previous Newsletters, History Books, Documents (new feature)
You can now view Meeting Minutes and Monthly Financial Reports at our Reports page. (Starting 2015)
You can also download our Previous Issues
and also view information about area photo history books
- Contact Us
Register for our email list.
You'll receive a reminder for each meeting with information about the presentation, and also our Quarterly newsletter.
Our Mailing address is:
Three Rivers Historical Society, P.O. Box 7251, Goodyear AZ 85338
Society information is available by phone at 623-386-1397