- Who We Are
The Three Rivers Historical Society is made up of dedicated volunteers who are preserving the history of the Southwest Valley in the greater Phoenix area.
The cities of Avondale, Goodyear, Litchfield Park and Tolleson have grown at the confluence of the Agua Fria, Salt and Gila rivers.
- We offer meetings and public exhibits - collect artifacts, photos and rare documents - and have an active program to record oral and written personnal and family histories. Meetings are held on the third Tuesday of each month - except June and July - at 3 PM. featuring an informative presentation on Southwest Valley history.
- Next meeting, February 16
- Our presenter for February will be Mack McCarley, speaking about the history of Lichfield Park and the Wigwam Golf Course
- Mack McCarley is a graduate of Agua Fria High School (1958) and lived in Litchfield Park where his mother worked at the old Valley National Bank and his father at Goodyear Aircraft. Mack played golf on the AFUHS golf team (O.K. Fulton was the coach) and later on the ASU golf team. He has been in the golf profession for 45 years and is currently the PGA Professional at the Antelope Hills Golf Course in Prescott. He is a past president of the PGA Southwest Section and a member of the Arizona Golf Hall of Fame.
- The meeting will be at our normal time and location - the Goodyear Library Community Room - on Tuesday January 16 at 3 PM.
- Society Newsletter
Download the January-February-March 2016 issue featuring articles on:
- Good-bye to a Faithful Friend - Don Jones
- Black Widow Spiders
- Message from the President
- Phoenix-Goodyear Airport Mark 75th Anniversary
- New Exhibits at Litchfield Park Historical Society Museum
- Goodyear Aircraft Builds More than Blimps
- Grateful for Simpler Times
You will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view our newsletters. Download it for free.
- Join the Society
Please attend one of our meetings to learn about the Society and what we have to offer.
You can also download our Membership Flyer
- Previous Newsletters, History Books, Documents (new feature)
You can now view Meeting Minutes and Monthly Financial Reports at our Reports page. (Starting 2015)
You can also download our Previous Issues
and also view information about area photo history books
- Contact Us
Register for our email list.
You'll receive a reminder for each meeting with information about the presentation, and also our Quarterly newsletter.
Our Mailing address is:
Three Rivers Historical Society, P.O. Box 7251, Goodyear AZ 85338
Society information is available by phone at 623-386-1397