- Who We Are
The Three Rivers Historical Society is made up of dedicated volunteers who are preserving the history of the Southwest Valley in the greater Phoenix area.
The cities of Avondale, Goodyear, Litchfield Park and Tolleson have grown at the confluence of the Agua Fria, Salt and Gila rivers.
- We offer meetings and public exhibits - collect artifacts, photos and rare documents - and have an active program to record oral and written personnal and family histories. Meetings are held on the third Tuesday, January through June and September through November - at 3 PM. featuring an informative presentation on Southwest Valley history.
- Next meeting, May 17
- In May we will welcome JUDY COOK, Vice President of the Litchfield Park Historical Society, and Curator of their Museum. lphsmuseum.org
- The meeting will be at our normal time and location - the Goodyear Library Community Room - on Tuesday January 16 at 3 PM.
- Further Meetings in 2016
- We will also meet in June this year, with a presentation by JAMES STEWART, former Avondale Chief of Police.
- We will not meet in July or August, resuming for September through November.
- Society Newsletter
Download the April-May-June 2016 issue featuring articles on:
- Farewell to Past President John M. Leach
- A Fashion Show to Remember
- The Phoenix Buckeye Railroad
- Bubble Houses of Litchfield Park
- Jean Stewart
- Three Rivers Board Re-elected
- Arizona Women Get the Vote
You will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view our newsletters.
Download it for free.
- Join the Society
Please attend one of our meetings to learn about the Society and what we have to offer.
You can also download our Membership Flyer
- Previous Newsletters, History Books, Documents (new feature)
You can now view Meeting Minutes and Monthly Financial Reports at our Reports page. (Starting 2015)
You can also download our Previous Issues
and also view information about area photo history books
- Contact Us
Register for our email list.
You'll receive a reminder for each meeting with information about the presentation, and also our Quarterly newsletter.
Our Mailing address is:
Three Rivers Historical Society, P.O. Box 7251, Goodyear AZ 85338
Society information is available by phone at 623-386-1397