- Who We Are
The Three Rivers Historical Society is made up of dedicated volunteers who are preserving the history of the Southwest Valley in the greater Phoenix area.
The cities of Avondale, Goodyear, Litchfield Park and Tolleson have grown at the confluence of the Agua Fria, Salt and Gila rivers.
- We offer meetings and public exhibits - collect artifacts, photos and rare documents - and have an active program to record oral and written personnal and family histories. Meetings are held on the third Tuesday, January through June and September through November - at 3 PM. featuring an informative presentation on Southwest Valley history.
- October 18 Meeting
- James "C.J." STEWART, former Avondale Chief of Police will be our October speaker
- The meeting will be at our normal time and location - the Goodyear Library Community Room at 3 PM.
- Next event, November 5
- Please us on Saturday November 5 for a "Historical Happy Hour" co-sponsored with the CIty of Avondale; in celebration of the City's 70th Anniversary.
- Bring your old photos, artifacts and memories to share - and learn how Avondale evolved over the decades. You may also assist by identifying photos and items we have to share.
- The meeting will be from 3 PM to 5 PM at We Olive and WIne Bar, 1721 N. Dysart, Suite A101. Drinks and light bites will be available for purchase. PLEASE RSVP to 623-333-1613 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thsere will be no monthly meetings at the Goodyear Library in November or in December. See you again in January 2017!.
- Avondale Billy Moore Days - October 21 -23
- Three Rivers will be staffing the Avondale history exhibit at the Garcia Library Friday during this event; but come and enjoy the whole weekend in Historic Avondale!
- Society Newsletter
Download the October-November-December 2016 issue featuring articles on:
- In The beginning: Three RIvers Historical Society
- Route 66
- Arizona's First 100 Years
- 1944 "Paving of West Van Buren to Litchfield Drive to Start"
- Wild Horses of Arizona
- Thanks for Membership renewals
You will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view our newsletters.
Download it for free.
- Join the Society
Please attend one of our meetings to learn about the Society and what we have to offer.
You can also download our Membership Flyer
- Previous Newsletters, History Books, Documents (new feature)
You can now view Meeting Minutes and Monthly Financial Reports at our Reports page. (Starting 2015)
You can also download our Previous Issues
and also view information about area photo history books
- Contact Us
Register for our email list.
You'll receive a reminder for each meeting with information about the presentation, and also our Quarterly newsletter.
Our Mailing address is:
Three Rivers Historical Society, P.O. Box 7251, Goodyear AZ 85338
Society information is available by phone at 623-386-1397