- Who We Are
The Three Rivers Historical Society is made up of dedicated volunteers who are preserving the history of the Southwest Valley in the greater Phoenix area.
The cities of Avondale, Goodyear, Litchfield Park and Tolleson have grown at the confluence of the Agua Fria, Salt and Gila rivers.
We offer meetings and public exhibits - collect artifacts, photos and rare documents - and have an active program to record oral and written personnal and family histories.
- Our Meetings
Meetings are held on the third Tuesday of each month - except July and August - at 3 PM. featuring an informative presentation on Southwest Valley history.
- Our Next Meeting
Meetings resume on Tuesday September 16 with a special guest - Arnott Duncan - of Duncan Family Farms.
- Arnott and his wife, Kathleen are the fourth generation of Duncans to own this farm. It started as a small family farm and has grown into a multi-state operation specializing in growing organic lettuce and other organic crops. They are sold as bagged salads in grocery stores. They are nationally recognized for their progressive and environmentally sensitive farming techniques. They sponsor the St Vincent de Paul Walk and Mission, as well as other local charities.
Also, beginning this Fall, our normal meeting location will move the Goodyear Branch Library at 14455 W. Van Buren which is about one-half mile west of the previous location at Goodyear City Hall.
- Society Newsletter
Download the July-August-September 2014 issue featuring articles on:
- Atrizona's First Air Conditioned Mall - in Goodyear
- Growing Up
- WW II Memories of a Five Year Old
- Reader's Contest Winner Announced
- Arizona's Japanese Internment Camps
- Advice from a Old Farmer
- More Interesting Arizona Facts
- Winslow International Airport
You will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view our newsletters. Download it for free.
- Our Trail Project
The Society is developing an educational and historical walking trail at Estrella Mountain Regional Park.
The half-mile, barrier-free trail will have visual and artistic displays highlighting the geology of the Estrella Mountains, the story of the Hohokam people and culture,
information on the first explorers and settlers of the region, as well as the history and economy of the Southwest Valley.
Visit our TRAIL PAGE to learn all about the project, and how you can volunteer to work on the trail or donate to its construction.
- Join the Society
Please attend one of our meetings to learn about the Society and what we have to offer.
You can also download our Membership Flyer
- Previous Newsletters, History Books
You can also download our Previous Issues
and also view information about area photo history books
- Contact Us
Register for our email list.
You'll receive a reminder for each meeting with information about the presentation, and also our Quarterly newsletter.
Our Mailing address is:
Three Rivers Historical Society, P.O. Box 7251, Goodyear AZ 85338
Society information is available by phone at 623-386-1397