- Who We Are
The Three Rivers Historical Society is made up of dedicated volunteers who are preserving the history of the Southwest Valley in the greater Phoenix area.
The cities of Avondale, Goodyear, Litchfield Park and Tolleson have grown at the confluence of the Agua Fria, Salt and Gila rivers.
- We offer meetings and public exhibits - collect artifacts, photos and rare documents - and have an active program to record oral and written personnal and family histories. Meetings are held on the third Tuesday, January through June and September through November - at 3 PM. featuring an informative presentation on Southwest Valley history.
- January 17 Meeting
Join us for this special meeting of our Society. The agenda is:
- Election of Officers for 2017
- A Brief History of the Society
- Open discussion with your Board of Directors:
--- Where are we now?
--- Your ideas for the Society, for persentation topics, what we need
--- How can we connect in our communities?
--- How are YOU willing to help?
WE REALLY NEED YOUR INPUT. REFRESHMENTS WILL BE SERVED.
The meeting will be from 3 PM to 4 PM at at the Goodyear Branch Library, 14455 W. Van Buren in the Community Room
- Society Newsletter
Download the January-February-March 2017 issue featuring articles on:
- The Sociology of the Clothesline
- Avondale Celebrates 70th Birthday
- We Seek Your War Stories
- The Birth of Estrella Mountain Regional Park
- We Are Missing Issues of Wingfoot Clan, Billy More Days Programs
- Early Visitors to the Grand Canyon
- Wartime Telephone Service
You will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view our newsletters.
Download it for free.
- Join the Society
Please attend one of our meetings to learn about the Society and what we have to offer.
You can also download our Membership Flyer
- Previous Newsletters, History Books, Documents (new feature)
You can now view Meeting Minutes and Monthly Financial Reports at our Reports page. (Starting 2015)
You can also download our Previous Issues
and also view information about area photo history books
- Contact Us
Register for our email list.
You'll receive a reminder for each meeting with information about the presentation, and also our Quarterly newsletter.
Our Mailing address is:
Three Rivers Historical Society, P.O. Box 7251, Goodyear AZ 85338
Society information is available by phone at 623-386-1397