- Who We Are
The Three Rivers Historical Society is made up of dedicated volunteers who are preserving the history of the Southwest Valley in the greater Phoenix area.
The cities of Avondale, Goodyear, Litchfield Park and Tolleson have grown at the confluence of the Agua Fria, Salt and Gila rivers.
- We offer meetings and public exhibits - collect artifacts, photos and rare documents - and have an active program to record oral and written personnal and family histories. Meetings are held on the third Tuesday of each month - except June and July - at 3 PM. featuring an informative presentation on Southwest Valley history.
- September 15 Meeting
We’re in for a treat as Joanne Osborne weaves the tale of her family’s arrival in Arizona in 1880 and tells about relatives who were a City of Phoenix Band Leader, a Gila Bend Justice of the Peace, skilled hunters, a WWII fighter pilot, and even a siren in a theatre troupe in Jerome.
- Additionally, Joanne and her husband Ken are long-time business owners in Goodyear, and she currently serves on the Goodyear City Council.
Join us at 3 PM in the Goodyear Library Community Room 102 for this interesting presentation. Please enter from the room's entrance on the west side of the building, rather than through the Library.
- Society Newsletter
Download the July-August-September 2015 issue featuring articles on:
- A War Story
- Paralysis Warning by Dr. Enfield
- 1943 Revival Leads to First Southern Baptist Church
- Black Bear Diner
- Rags to Riches - Marty Robbins
- Heroes Among Us
- Those Good Old Camel Days
You will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view our newsletters. Download it for free.
- Join the Society
Please attend one of our meetings to learn about the Society and what we have to offer.
You can also download our Membership Flyer
- Previous Newsletters, History Books, Documents (new feature)
You can now view Meeting Minutes and Monthly Financial Reports at our Reports page. (Starting 2015)
You can also download our Previous Issues
and also view information about area photo history books
- Contact Us
Register for our email list.
You'll receive a reminder for each meeting with information about the presentation, and also our Quarterly newsletter.
Our Mailing address is:
Three Rivers Historical Society, P.O. Box 7251, Goodyear AZ 85338
Society information is available by phone at 623-386-1397