- Who We Are
The Three Rivers Historical Society is made up of dedicated volunteers who are preserving the history of the Southwest Valley in the greater Phoenix area.
The cities of Avondale, Goodyear, Litchfield Park and Tolleson have grown at the confluence of the Agua Fria, Salt and Gila rivers.
- We offer meetings and public exhibits - collect artifacts, photos and rare documents - and have an active program to record oral and written personnal and family histories. Meetings are held on the third Tuesday, January through June and September through November - at 3 PM. featuring an informative presentation on Southwest Valley history.
- Next Meeting - December 5 - Note the Date !
Due to the holiday season, we will combine our November and December meetings with a single gathering on Tuesday December 5. The meeting will be at the Goodyear Library Community Room, 14455 W. Van Buren at 3 PM.
Our presenter will be Pam LaFond, 1st Vice President of the West Valley Genealogical Society, who will discuss their resources available for finding members of your family tree.
Call to Members
Your Society needs your involvement to further our goal of Preserving the Southwest Valley. Please review the attached letter for David Meeese, President, to learn how and where you can help.
Download the October-November-December 2017 issue featuring articles on:
- 2012 Gallery 37 Art Project Finds a Home
- Memories of Phoenix Trotting Park
- Avondale Street Names Honor its Pioneers
- Civil War Battlefield - In Arizona?
- I Never Thought I'd See the Day!
- Flags of Arizona
You will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view our newsletters.
Download it for free.
- Join the Society
Please attend one of our meetings to learn about the Society and what we have to offer.
You can also download our Membership Flyer
- Previous Newsletters, History Books, Documents (new feature)
You can now view Meeting Minutes and Monthly Financial Reports at our Reports page. (Starting 2015)
You can also download our Previous Issues
and also view information about area photo history books
View our By-Laws
Print our By-Laws
View our Taxpayer ID letter
- Contact Us
Register for our email list.
You'll receive a reminder for each meeting with information about the presentation, and also our Quarterly newsletter.
Our Mailing address is:
Three Rivers Historical Society, P.O. Box 7251, Goodyear AZ 85338
Society information is available by phone at 623-386-1397