- Who We Are
The Three Rivers Historical Society is made up of dedicated volunteers who are preserving the history of the Southwest Valley in the greater Phoenix area.
The cities of Avondale, Goodyear, Litchfield Park and Tolleson have grown at the confluence of the Agua Fria, Salt and Gila rivers.
- We offer meetings and public exhibits - collect artifacts, photos and rare documents - and have an active program to record oral and written personnal and family histories. Meetings are held on the third Tuesday, January through June and September through November - at 3 PM. featuring an informative presentation on Southwest Valley history.
- Next Meeting - October 17
Our October meeting will be held on Tuesday October 17 at 3 PM in the Goodyear Police Administration Building Community Room at 14455 W. Van Buren. Follow 145th Ve. south from Van Buren.
The presenter will be Goodyear Firefighter Adam Stoffel who will discuss the history and restoration of Goodyear's first purchased Fire Engine. Come and hear this ongoing story (1942 to the present) - and see Old Red for yourself!
- Call to Members
Your Society needs your involvement to further our goal of Preserving the Southwest Valley. Please review the attached letter for David Meeese, President, to learn how and where you can help.
- Yard Sale - October 14
The Society is holding a Yard Sale to raise funds funds for our activities. See the flyer below for information and a number to call if you have questions or material to donate for sale.
- Society Newsletter
Download the July-August-September 2017 issue featuring articles on:
- 3RHS Ice Cream Social and Program
- An Immigrant Story
- The Salt and Verde Rivers
- Welcome new Lifetime Member
- Goodyear Incorporates - 1946
- Arizona's Trouble with Governors
- Yard Sale - We Need Your Donations
- Letters to the Editor
You will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view our newsletters.
Download it for free.
- Join the Society
Please attend one of our meetings to learn about the Society and what we have to offer.
You can also download our Membership Flyer
- Previous Newsletters, History Books, Documents (new feature)
You can now view Meeting Minutes and Monthly Financial Reports at our Reports page. (Starting 2015)
You can also download our Previous Issues
and also view information about area photo history books
View our By-Laws
Print our By-Laws
View our Taxpayer ID letter
- Contact Us
Register for our email list.
You'll receive a reminder for each meeting with information about the presentation, and also our Quarterly newsletter.
Our Mailing address is:
Three Rivers Historical Society, P.O. Box 7251, Goodyear AZ 85338
Society information is available by phone at 623-386-1397