- Who We Are
The Three Rivers Historical Society is made up of dedicated volunteers who are preserving the history of the Southwest Valley in the greater Phoenix area.
The cities of Avondale, Goodyear, Litchfield Park and Tolleson have grown at the confluence of the Agua Fria, Salt and Gila rivers.
- We offer meetings and public exhibits - collect artifacts, photos and rare documents - and have an active program to record oral and written personnal and family histories. Meetings are held on the third Tuesday, January through June and September through November - at 3 PM. featuring an informative presentation on Southwest Valley history.
- Next Meeting - February 20
Please join us on Tuesday February 20 for a presentation by Meredith Stuckey.
She will tell us about the history of the Church at Litchfield Park, and about Boy Scout programs in the City.
The Church at Litchfield Park, Sanctuary, about 1940, from their web site
The meeting will be held at the Goodyear Branch Library Community Room
14455 W. Van Buren in Goodyear, from 3 PM to 4 PM
Call to Members
Your Society needs your involvement to further our goal of Preserving the Southwest Valley. Please review the attached letter for David Meeese, President, to learn how and where you can help.
Download the January - February - March 2018 issue featuring articles on:
- The Society Debuts New Display
- Do You Remember?
- Barry Goldwater's Military Service
- Floods in the Southwest Valley
- "Los Campos" Book Now Available
- Advice from an Old Farmer
- Message from the Board of Directors
You will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view our newsletters.
Download it for free.
- Join the Society
Please attend one of our meetings to learn about the Society and what we have to offer.
You can also download our Membership Flyer
- Previous Newsletters, History Books, Documents (new feature)
Download our Previous Issues
and also view information about area photo history books
View our By-Laws
Print our By-Laws
View our Taxpayer ID letter
- Contact Us
Register for our email list.
You'll receive a reminder for each meeting with information about the presentation, and also our Quarterly newsletter.
Our Mailing address is:
Three Rivers Historical Society, P.O. Box 7251, Goodyear AZ 85338
Society information is available by phone at 623-386-1397